PROPOSE AN ACTIVITY
Click here to propose an activity.
We are seeking proposals for paper presentations, panels, workshops, round-table discussions, focus groups, and public or private meetings that will be organized in three streams related to Indigenous media policies, practices, and research. We also invite hands-on media and technology skill-sharing workshops targeting Indigenous youth participants, but open to all who are interested.
DEADLINE EXTENDED: The new deadline for making proposals is January 16, 2017 for Winnipeg with a rolling deadline for the other regional events (closing one-month prior to the activity) and a deadline of May 1, 2017 for the national conference in Ottawa.
Make a proposal here.
Proposals can be made for the regional events and/or national conference. Each proposal submitted should address one or more of the following questions guiding the organization of these events:
- What is the state of the Indigenous broadcasting sector as identified by Indigenous broadcasters?
- What do Indigenous Peoples want and need from the Indigenous broadcasting sector?
- What urgent challenges need to be addressed by changes to policy in order to ensure the Indigenous broadcasting sector can fulfill those needs?
- What insights do key stakeholders working in the areas of Indigenous issues, communications law, and media policy offer on the ways forward?
- What investments and skills are needed for the reclamation and preservation of regional languages and to implement a sustainable future for First Nations, Inuit, and Métis broadcasting?